Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hot and Sour Soup

My goal for this year is to make more low calorie food. I try to find such recipes from where ever I can.  Being a Life member of Weight Watchers, I get e-mail updates of recipes from them. I love mushrooms. When I saw this Shitake Mushroom soup for 1 point value per serving, I had to write it down. I make this soup when ever I buy Shitake. It is very easy to make. My son loves this soup, but my daughter will not touch it. She does not eat mushroom.

Ingredients:
2 C sliced shitake mushrooms
9 Oz. firm tofu, diced
1/2 C bamboo shoot, sliced(optional)
4 C broth or water
2 T rice vinegar
2 t Asian hot sauce or chili paste
1 T soy sauce
1 T corn starch, mixed with 2 T water
2 scallions, sliced

Method:
1. In a soup pot, stir together the broth, vinegar, hot sauce, soy sauce, mushroom, bamboo, and tofu.  Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the corn starch mixed in water and simmer 2 more minutes.
3. Serve, sprinkling each bowl with sliced scallions.








No comments:

Post a Comment