Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Badam-Cashew Cake

Every one in my in-laws house loves sweet dishes. My mother-in-law makes sweet quite often for every occassion. Yesterday, I assisted her in making this delicious almond cake for my niece's birthday. It was a little bit too sweet for my taste. But my father- in-law insisted that much sugar is required for the cake to form. I had 3 pieces as soon as he cut them. My mother-in-law said that she got this recipe from her sister-in-law.

Ingredients:
3/4 C almond, blanched
3/4 C cashew nusts, soaked and drained
1 C milk
4 1/4 C sugar
1 C water
2 t ghee
1 drop almomd essence(optional)

Method:
1. Use the milk and make a paste  of the nuts. Keep aside.
2. Grease a 2 inch bottom tray and set aside.
2. Melt the sugar with 1 1/2 cups of water in a heavy bottomed pan.
3. Stir in the nut paste when the sugar is completely melted. Keep stirring continuously, till all the water evaporates. It may take about 30 minutes.  Add 2 teaspoons of ghee. Add the essence at the very end.  Remove from the stove when the paste does not stick to the pan. Pour it on the greased tray and pat it smooth. Using a greased knife, make pieces while it is still warm.

Note:
Sugar can be reduced to taste(not too much though). You can not make pieces if the sugar is too less.
Saffron can be added for color.

No comments:

Post a Comment