Friday, October 21, 2011

Mysorepak

I make mysorepak every year for Diwali. I have seen many recipes, but I use the one that I got from my sister-in-law. She makes the best mysorepak. It is easy to make and my kids love it. My son just had a piece, straight from the tray, still warm and gave it an A.

Ingredients:
1 C besan
1 C melted ghee
2 C sugar
1/2 C water

Method:
1. Sift the besan, and mix it with 3/4 cup ghee and fry over medium heat till the raw smell leaves. Take care not to burn the besan. Set it aside in a bowl.
2. Mix sugar and water in a large pan. Dissolve sugar over medium heat. Heat the sugar to make syrup of one string consistency. When a spoon dipped in the syrup is lifted it should form one string.
3. At this point, add the besan mixture to the syrup, while stirring constantly. When besan is blended with the syrup, continue stirring. Keep adding the remaining ghee little by little.  When the mixture thickens and becomes frothy, pour it on a greased tray.
4. Cut into pieces while it is still warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment