Saturday, March 31, 2012

Banana Nut Bread


Who likes to eat ripe bananas? I like them a little firm. When the bananas start to change color, I place them in a plastic bag and save them to bake. Recently, I saw this easy recipe for banana bread posted by a friend on Face book. Then I remembered how I made banana bread in previous times and how successful it was. My kids love it, especially my son!  I had some ripe bananas and thought it would be nice to make the bread for breakfast. We came home late after dinner, but that didn't stop me. I made this awesome bread at 10:00 PM. By 11, the whole house was filled with the the smell of warm bread. My husband awoke from the couch to the smell. We had it for  breakfast this morning.It was a great way to enjoy fruit even if there is a little sugar added to it. :)

Ingredients:
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 egg
1/4 C melted butter
11/2 C all purpose flour
1 C sugar
1 t baking soda
1/4 t cinnamon powder
1 t vanilla
1/2 C chopped walnuts

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Beat the egg and butter in a medium bowl. Add the remaining ingredients,except the nuts, and mix with a wooden spoon. Fold in the nuts.
3. Pour the batter into a bread loaf pan, and bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool it  in the pan for a few minutes before removing.

No comments:

Post a Comment