Sunday, May 31, 2020

Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes


Cheesecake is my weakness. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't like them. So, I rarely make cheesecakes. I was planing to make a cake using Oreo cookies for my husband's birthday this week. But, he wants a chocolate cake with caramel. It happens to be my friend's 25th anniversary. She mentioned  that she wanted cheesecake. So, my son made cheesecake cupcakes with the cookies. He adapted the recipe from handletheheat.com. I hope to surprise my friend with these delicious puppies

Ingredients:
21 Oreo cookies, leave 15 as is and coarsely chop 6
1 lb. cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 Cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 Cup sour cream
1/8 teaspoon salt

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 275 deg. F. Line 2  muffin pans with paper cups. Place one Oreo cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.

2.In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth, using an electric mixer.


3. Add the sugar and beat until combined.


4. Beat in the vanilla.
5. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until combined.


6. Beat in sour cream and salt. Take care not to over mix.

7. Fold in chopped Oreo cookies.


8. Divide the batter equally among the cookie-lined muffin cups, filling them almost to the top.


9. Bake for 20- 22 minutes, until the filling is set.
10. Transfer to wire racks and cool cheesecake completely in the muffin pan. 
11. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight before serving. 










No comments:

Post a Comment