Friday, March 29, 2019

Paneer Paratha



I cant wait for the day to end..want to know why? I am going to visit my son tomorrow. I haven't seen him since he left for school after winter break. Guess what.. he's given me a long list of food that he wants 😄. I have been cooking since Thursday. This morning I made paneer makhani for him. I had some left over paneer that I used to make myself some paneer paratha.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup whole wheat flour to make the dough for paratha
1/2 cup grated paneer
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
2 green chili, chopped
salt to taste
a pinch garam masala
ghee for paratha

Method:

1. Add water to the flour and make a soft dough. Cover and set aside for few minutes. 


2. Divide dough into 5 balls. Set aside.





3. Meantime take grated paneer in a small bowl. Add cilantro, green chili and spices. Mix gently.


4. Flatten a ball of dough on a floured flat surface.


5. Place a tablespoon of paneer stuffing in the center. Fold the edges tightly over the filling.


6. Dust both sides with flour. Gently flatten it with a rolling pin. Make sure the edges are even.


7. Place paratha on a hot griddle. Cook on both sides until golden.


8. Apply some ghee and cook on both sides for couple minutes. Reduce heat if needed.


9. Serve hot with pickle and yogurt or curry. I had mine with Paneer Makhani.




No comments:

Post a Comment