Monday, December 24, 2018

Veggie-stuffed Holiday Wreath



My kids look forward to the Christmas party at our friends' every year. Plenty of food and great company. I always bring my signature 7-layer Mexican Dip every year. But I also like to bring another appetizer and a dessert. This year I changed my mind 3 times in one week as to what to bring. On Friday as I was browsing the internet for holiday vegetarian appetizers I chanced on this Veggie-stuffed crescent wreath by Pillsbury and settled on this for the party.
Ingredients:

1 Veggie burger
2 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped
1/3 cup diced red pepper
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 cup chive and onion creamcheese spread
2 cans (8 0z) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 egg beaten
Method:
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 deg. F. Heat buger until brown on both sides. Remove from the oven, dice and place in a bowl. Add vegetables in the bowl. Add seasoning and mix well.

2. Unroll both cans of crescent rolls; separate into 16 triangles. On an ungreased cookie sheet, arrange the triangles with the shortest side towards the center, overlapping in wreath shape leaving a 4 inch round circle open in the center. Press  overlapping dough to flatten.

k
3. Spread creamcheese on dough to within 1 inch of points. Spoon vegetable mixture on widest part of dough.



4. Pull the the ends of the circle over the broccoli mixture and tuck under dough to form ring.Carefulully brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.


5. Bake in pre-heated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes. Carefully loosen the wreath from the cookie sheet with a broad spatula onto a serving platter. Serve warm.


Note:

I used egg substitute instead of egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment