Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Zucchini Bread

 
This has never happened before, I'm totally out of bread for breakfast. My son takes peanut butter sandwich to school for breakfast everyday. He's been taking dry cereal for the past couple days as I have been sick. Feeling better today, I had to make something for his breakfast tomorrow. This is my first time making Zucchini bread. I've not tried it yet. But, my son who just got home from soccer practice has given two thumbs up! So has my husband. They said it tasted like banana bread.
 
Ingredients:
 
3 cups shredded zucchini
1 2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cups vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/2 teaspoon clove powder
1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts
1/2 cup raisins, if desired
 
Method:
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Grease bottom only of  1 large loaf pan with shortening
2. Mix zucchini, sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into pan.
3. Bake 1 hour 10 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack. Loosen sides of loaf from pans, remove from pan and place on wire rack. Cool completely before slicing.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment