Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Almond Brownies

I'm just recovering from a virus, and for some unknown reason I've got the urge to bake for a couple days now. Browsing through some old recipe books I found this recipe for almond brownies. This is a light tasting dessert. Even my son who doesn't like nuts enjoyed it. I'm mailing some to my daughter tomorrow!

Ingredients:

2/3 cup shortening
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
2 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup chopped almonds
1 cup chopped almond paste
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
4 eggs

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.  Grease rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
2. Heat shortening and chocolate in 3-quart saucepan over low heat until melted. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spread in prepared pan.
4. Bake until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan, about 30 minutes. Cool slightly. Cut into bars.



No comments:

Post a Comment