Monday, February 9, 2015

Mediteranian Bean Salad


Costco, a wholesale club in US offers a variety of new food products. I love walking through the aisles to check out everything while shopping. Last week I saw fresh Mediterranean Bean Salad. I'm not a big fan of buying processed food. I like to make my own. Inspired by this I created my own version of this salad for lunch today. It was delicious and very filling.

Ingredients:
1 Cup cooked garbanzo beans
1 Cup cooked black beans
1 onion chopped
1 jalapeno chopped(optional)
few grape tomatoes chopped
2-3 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 mini cucumber chopped
2 colored mini peppers chopped
Dressing:
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/4 Cup white balsamic vinegar
salt to taste
1-2 Tablespoons lemon juice
crushed red pepper
ground black pepper
Place the ingredients for salad in a large bowl.
Make the salad dressing and mix it into the bean salad and toss gently.
Note:
I found sprouted dry lentils in Costco. I cooked 1/2 Cup of it in boiling water for 4 minutes,drained and added to the salad. I also added 1/2 avocado to the salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment