Monday, February 4, 2013

Chili Garlic Rice

I can manage cooking Indian food for a week or so without going to Indian store. Any longer,  I have to be innovative in my kitchen. I've not been able to go to Indian store for 2 weeks. This week I have to manage with vegetables from local farmers' market.  I made hot and sour soup this morning.  Trying to decide what to make with it for dinner, I came up with this idea of chili garlic rice. We all went to our favorite Vegan restaurant 2 weeks ago to celebrate my son's and my sister's birthday. We had orange mock chicken there.  On a recent visit to the supermarket I bought a sauce packet for orange chicken. I made it along with the rice today. It turned out to be nice.

Ingredients:
1 Cup Basmati rice, cooked and cooled
2 Tablespoon sesame oil
3-4 garlic pods, minced
2-3 green chili, diced
1 small carrot, diced
3 string beans, diced
few broccoli florets
3 mushrooms, diced
2 spring onions, sliced
salt to taste
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon green chili sauce

Method:
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan over medium high heat. Saute garlic and chili for a minute. Add diced vegetables, except green onion and stir fry for 3 minutes.
2. Stir in pepper, salt, green chili sauce and soy sauce. Stir in cooked rice. Garnish with sliced spring onion. Serve hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment